Whether you know it or not, many people that you see on a daily basis are living in a mental prison of social anxiety. Not everyone is an outgoing extrovert, and some people are so shy that it makes them feel trapped. My guest today is Mark Metry, a best-selling author and the host of the Humans 2.0 podcast. Just like so many people around the world, Mark used to suffer from some extreme social anxiety, but now he spends his days trying to do the opposite!
In this episode, we talk about…
- Mark’s elevator pitch of what exactly he does in the world
- How Mark got to where he is now
- The two paths to take when dealing with social anxiety
- Mark hit his big Aw Shift moment that changed the course of his life
- When shyness turns into social anxiety
- Research shows that most serotonin is not in your brain
- Stop trying to install new software on outdated hardware and vice versa
- Steps to get started on the road to finding your authentic self
Links to resources:
Read Mark’s book, Screw Being Shy!
You can keep up with Mark on his podcast, Humans 2.0 Podcast, and on Instagram!
You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Book a free strategy call with the Trucks Team where you’ll figure out exactly how to reach your full potential in all areas of your life: www.TrucksTeam.com