Many people go through life looking for success in their professional life, but unfortunately, families seem to be the most common casualties on the way. There are ways to be successful and be there for your family. My guest today, Jim Sheils, is a best-selling author who specializes in helping entrepreneurs feel more connected with their kids, be happier at home and leave a lasting legacy. Jim is the co-founder of 18 Summers, a company that specializes in live events, workshops and private consulting for organizations looking to strengthen their family lives while still succeeding in business. Make time for your loved ones; you don’t know how long you’ll have them!
In this episode, we talk about…
- Jim’s bio and how he got to where he is
- Getting into a simple rhythm that can make the difference
- Making sure to live in the moment with the people that are there
- Separating the parts in order to strengthen the whole family
- Snapping yourself back into the present when your mind wanders off
- Buying into what you help create
- Common themes with parents that are going through divorces
- Building trust through sincere apologies
Links to resources:
Check out Jim’s book, The Family Board Meeting!
Go to Jim’s website to learn more: www.18summers.com
Book a free strategy call with the Trucks Team where you’ll figure out exactly how to reach your full potential in all areas of your life: www.TrucksTeam.com