Knowing that you are loved and accepted is part of what gives life meaning, even if you don’t know it or feel it. To become anything of value in the world, you must first show up and be a value to yourself. My guest today is John Williams, a man that has never met his biological father and grew up in a violent situation with an alcoholic uncle. He had to find value in himself to change the trajectory of his life. John is the founder of A Life That Counts, an organization that helps others take radical ownership over every element of their lives. Everyone has pain from their past, but how you use that pain will decide what difference you can make in the world!
In this episode, we talk about…
- An introduction to the man that is John Williams
- Giving value to yourself before you can give value to others
- Becoming self-aware of your past traumas so you can do something with it
- Commitment is just a lot of steps in the same direction
- John’s aw shift moment when he decided that something had to change
- Deciding for yourself what your non-negotiables are and are not
- The roots and motivations behind A Life That Counts
- A story that sticks out from John’s journey of helping others
- Discovering what you’re made of by deciding to persevere
Links to resources:
The Good Dad Project
Learn more about John’s mission to change the world through his organization, A Life That Counts!
You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Book a free strategy call with the Trucks Team where you’ll figure out exactly how to reach your full potential in all areas of your life: www.TrucksTeam.com